
The Port of Corpus Christi selected CFO Kent Britton to take over as interim CEO during the search for Sean Strawbridge’s successor. (Source: Port of Corpus Christi)
Kent Britton, CFO of the Port of Corpus Christi, will take over as interim CEO on June 1, replacing Sean Strawbridge, who resigned following a conflict with commissioners over alleged spending of port funds.

The port had previously said Strawbridge would remain in his post until June 2.
Britton joined the port as financial controller in 2017, becoming CFO in 2019. Previously, he was CFO of Sherwin-Alumina Co. and served in executive roles for Blackbaud, a software provider to nonprofits, and Alcoa.
“Kent Britton is a stalwart professional,” Charles W. Zahn Jr., the commission’s chairman, said in a statement. “He brings more than three decades of experience and a sharpened business acumen that will serve him well in his role as interim CEO for the Port of Corpus Christi.”
The port has engaged Shey-Harding Associates to conduct a nationwide search for a full-time CEO.
Strawbridge was reportedly accused of “exuberant spending” on travel, personal and party expenses during a monthly meeting of the commissioners. He denied any unethical behavior or misuse of funds.
Recommended Reading
Big Spenders: EPA Touts Billions in Clean Energy Spending
2025-01-15 - Nearly $69 billion in funding from the Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law has been dispersed by the Environmental Protection Agency in its clean energy push.
Report: Trump to Declare 'National Energy Emergency'
2025-01-20 - President-elect Donald Trump will also sign an executive order focused on Alaska, an incoming White House official said.
Congress Kills Biden Era Methane Fee on Oil, Gas Producers
2025-02-28 - The methane fee was mandated by the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, which directed the EPA to set a charge on methane emissions for facilities that emit more than 25,000 tons per year of CO2e.
Trump’s Executive Order Delivers Blow to US Offshore Wind
2025-01-21 - President Trump’s executive order halts new offshore wind leasing and permitting activity effective Jan. 21.
Comments
Add new comment
This conversation is moderated according to Hart Energy community rules. Please read the rules before joining the discussion. If you’re experiencing any technical problems, please contact our customer care team.