ProPetro Holding Corp. said July 27 it had promoted Sam Sledge, the company’s president, to CEO as part of the executive leadership transition spurred by the exit of the Midland, Texas-based service provider’s co-founder Dale Redman last year.
Sledge joined ProPetro in 2011 and has served in various capacities throughout his tenure, including frac technical specialist and technical operations manager. As a result of his promotion, effective Aug. 31, Phillip Gobe, the company’s chairman and CEO, will transition to executive chairman.
In a statement commented on his promotion, Sledge said: “I appreciate the continued confidence of the Board and want to thank Phillip for his strategic leadership over the past two years. His steady guidance was crucial during our leadership transition and one of the most difficult periods in the history of the oil and gas industry due to impacts associated with the global COVID-19 pandemic.”
Also part of the leadership transition, COO Adam Muñoz’s leadership position will expand to president and COO. Muñoz had joined the company to initiate ProPetro’s Permian pressure pumping operation in 2010. Previously, he held sales and operations roles at Frac Tech Services and Weatherford International.
“Today’s announcement marks the culmination of our board of directors’ comprehensive succession planning process for the orderly transition of ProPetro’s executive leadership team,” Gobe said in the release. “Both Sam and Adam are well-deserving of their expanded leadership roles, with each spending the last ten or more years at the company during which time they have developed a deep knowledge of the business and our unique culture of teamwork.”
ProPetro provides pressure pumping and other complementary services to E&P companies in the Permian Basin and other Northam American unconventional oil and gas plays.
Sledge, who had been named president in April, will also join the company’s board of directors. He is the son of ProPetro’s former COO, David Sledge, who stepped down from the role at the end of last year.
In his statement, Sledge added that the leadership team will continue to work closely with Gobe and the board to identify opportunities that promote the long-term success of ProPetro.
“We will continue to prioritize capital discipline as we target investments in new equipment with better technology that we believe will drive incremental and more consistent free cash flow generation and reduce the impact of our operations on the environment,” he said.
Recommended Reading
VanLoh: US Energy Security Needs ‘Manhattan Project’ Intensity
2025-02-06 - Quantum Capital Group Founder and CEO Wil VanLoh says oil and gas investment, a modernized electric grid and critical minerals are needed to meet an all of the above energy strategy.
Oil Industry Veteran Beyer Appointed to Key Interior Department Post
2025-02-05 - Energy industry veteran Leslie Beyer has been appointed to assistant secretary of land and minerals management at the U.S. Interior Department, where she will oversee key agencies including the Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management.
Enterprise Products Considering Moving On from SPOT
2025-02-05 - Permitting delays and challenges finding customers have put the future of Enterprise Product Partners’ Seaport Oil Terminal Project in doubt.
Industry Players Get Laser Focused on Emissions Reduction
2025-01-16 - Faced with progressively stringent requirements, companies are seeking methane monitoring technologies that make compliance easier.
Comments
Add new comment
This conversation is moderated according to Hart Energy community rules. Please read the rules before joining the discussion. If you’re experiencing any technical problems, please contact our customer care team.